RE: What would *you* do...

Subject: RE: What would *you* do...
From: "Peter Swisher" <pswisher -at- arisglobal -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 09:16:01 -0400

If your company was looking for someone who can "Find his way through
orphaned API code.", then you shouldn't have hired people who "claims to
have saved the company thousands of dollars on docs".

If someone has a question about whether or not the interviewee is making
false claims on their resume, then that is what the interview is for. Ask
the person where they got their cost-saving numbers from.

If you're not getting interviews, then you should improve your resume. There
are tons of books out there that will help you set your resume apart from
the hundreds that will pass through an HR reps desk. In the case of e-HR
reps, the numbers could be in the thousands.

Companies want to hire people who can do the job, but are also
cost-concious.