Re: Fw: Char. spacing (kerning?) basics?

Subject: Re: Fw: Char. spacing (kerning?) basics?
From: DaveC <peninsula -at- covad -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 09:31:43 -0700

Dick,
I turned kerning on in the Format>Font>Character Spacing tab. No joy.

I'm pretty sure it's poor font design. The magnification algorithm is causing the distorted spacing.

Thanks for your suggestion...

Dave

-=-=-=-

Well, okay, now that I see the picture ...

Kerning is not turned on in the application. If this is in Word, kerning is turned off by default and needs to be turned on in the font dialog, character spacing tab, when defining the style.

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!
Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com