RE: Professional Organizations

Subject: RE: Professional Organizations
From: jsokohl -at- mac -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:30:18 -0600

> Howdy,
>
> Besides the STC, what are some good web design and technical writing
> (software documentation) professional organizations?
>
> Thanks!
> Cory
Strongly recommend reading Boxes and Arrows
(http://www.boxesandarrows.com) for information architecture, design, and
interaction design issues. and it's free!

The Asilomar Institute for Information Architecture (http://www.aifia.org)
is a great global group dedicated to IA and UX issues. Well worth the
minimal fee, and it has a great listserv.

I agree with the comments about SIGDOC, but ACM's SIGCHI is definitely
worth joining, if you're interested in Web design & usability. Their
magazine interactions is fabuluous and worth the price of admission.

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com