RE: RE: Why should a tech writer learn XML?

Subject: RE: RE: Why should a tech writer learn XML?
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:41:23 -0400

My concern is that developers don't value the results of the usability
research as much as they value dropping in some existing code for
something that doesn't challenge them to give them more time to work on
the really cool stuff (which the user might not even care about).

In my experience, most developers see ALOT more value in getting
something done as quickly as possible that's "kinda-right" from the
User's perspective, then to take twice as long to get it exactly right
from the User's perspective.

And I know you aren't going to say that by using existing code, they are
assured of meeting their schedules...

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation