Re: Mailwasher

Subject: Re: Mailwasher
From: "Richard G. Combs" <richard -dot- combs -at- polycom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:17:41 -0600

Damien Braniff can't find a couple of apps:

> > When I run them now they launch OK but appear ONLY as an entry on the
> > Taskbar with no restore option.

Susan W. Gallagher offered a diagnosis and a couple of solutions:

> The problem, as well as my little pea brain can determine,
> is that the window opens, but it's essentially somewhere
> off the desktop, so you can't see it.
<snip>

I suspect this diagnosis is correct. One way that this can happen (besides
mouse-dragging with your eyes closed <g>) is if you make a significant
display resolution change (such as booting in Safe Mode) so that your
desktop is much smaller in "area."

If a window is completely off-screen, here's another way to move it back
on-screen: Select (depress) the app's taskbar button so that the app has
focus. Press Alt+Spacebar to open its window menu, and then press m to
select Move. Now, you can move the app's window with the arrow keys or
mouse. Once you get it back on-screen, press Enter or click the title bar to
end the Move operation.

HTH!
Richard

------
Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Voyant, a division of Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom
richardDOTcombs AT voyanttechDOTcom
303-223-5111
------
rgcombs AT freeDASHmarketDOTnet
303-777-0436
------

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com