Re: Mailwasher

Subject: Re: Mailwasher
From: Susan W. Gallagher <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:49:01 -0400

Damien,
Yes, I ran across that bug in Win98 - with other apps. It's
really a bummer when it happens to something like Frame!

The problem, as well as my little pea brain can determine,
is that the window opens, but it's essentially somewhere
off the desktop, so you can't see it.

A couple of things I've tried with hit-or-miss success:

1. With the taskbar entry depressed (so that the app
window *should* be open if you can see it) point to an
empty area of the taskbar and select either "cascade
windows" or "tile windows". Since this option rearranges
all open windows on the visible desktop, it frequently
makes the missing window reappear.

2. Point to the taskbar entry, right-click, and select Move.
Without moving the mouse, hold down the left mouse button
and drag. With any luck, you'll catch the title bar of
the missing app and drag it back on to the active desktop.

3. If all else fails, reinstall the software.

HTH!
-Sue Gallagher

> From: "Damien Braniff" <jd_braniff -at- yahoo -dot- co -dot- uk>
> Something I hope some of the techies on the list can help with.
>
> I use a Windows98 machine for my mail and I use Mailwasher to filter my web
> mail. Everything has worked fine until a few days ago when it (and another
> little program called e-desk) decided to throw a wobbler.
>
> When I run them now they launch OK but appear ONLY as an entry on the
> Taskbar with no restore option. I've uninstalled and re-loaded butto now
> avail. Everything elso seems to run OK - virus checker has detected nothing
> and the firewall is running fine so I'm a bit confused to say the least! Has
> anyonebody come across anything like this before? Any/all suggestions
> welcome.

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com