IEEE details/requirements

Subject: IEEE details/requirements
From: dan -dot- gallagher -at- pulsartech -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:47:13 -0400

Hi folks,
By posting to this list, I know I run the risk of being smeared, humiliated
and/or scorned, but it's worth the risk. No I'm not stealing work or ideas
from anyone, I am new in dealing with the IEEE and find it difficult to get
answers from them, or their website.

I would appreciate your feedback on something.

A while back I prepared a 97 page very technical document for my boss. It's
a proposed standard my boss wants to submit to the IEEE. It took me about a
month to lay it out, he provided the ms word text in one file, and the 100
or so figures in another file. I simply layed out the doc., with references
near figures, created a 100 or so equations etc.

His protoge told me after the IEEE's initial review, it needed major
changes. The changes are of technical nature, no reflection on me. I simply
layed it out. (pardon the defensiveness, I'm shielding myself)

Anyway, my boss just asked me to give his protoge the folder with
everything for this doc. so she can give the file to the IEEE. My boss said
that the IEEE will make all the necessary revisions and edit the text.

Is it normal for the IEEE to revise and edit documents that are submitted
to them, or is my boss "finding someone else" to work on the doc.? Call me
paranoid if you will. It's a sign of the times.

Thank you, and I know I'm not worthy. Can I get off my knees now?

Dan

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com