2 weeks !

Subject: 2 weeks !
From: dan -dot- gallagher -at- pulsartech -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 14:50:10 -0400

Hi folks,
I'm not quite sure how to deal with this situation (besides just trying my
best). Maybe some of you veterans can give me some insight into dealing
with it. Or at least prepare me for dealing with these engineers who think
tech wriers are glorified secretaries (not to reignite that thread).

My employer has been developing a new multi-processor controlled comm. box
for over a year now. I repeatedly asked and prodded them regarding my
documentation duties to no avail. I've tried to talk with developers and
engineers about the product during it's development to try and learn about
it.

Now I get this email from my boss's protoge saying they need a new manual
for this very complex box in two weeks. I don't think I can produce a
manual for this thing in two weeks. I haven't said anything to them yet
though, I'm waiting to hear from you all.

(not crying or whining) I find it somewhat inequitable that everyone on the
team had unlimited time to work on their parts, but then I get two weeks.
Pardon me but I'm a little ticked off right now. I'll do the best I can but
I don't think I can guarantee a manual within two weeks.

If I'm wrong correct me, but please tell me something. I'm an amateur and
quite isolated except for this list.

I'm not worthy, I know.

Dan-Ft. Lauderdale

>From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed