RE: Word 2000 WINWORD error

Subject: RE: Word 2000 WINWORD error
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 09:19:34 -0400

Hi Lorraine,

Here are a few thoughts to get you started. By the way, I'm assuming that
the doc is 1.8 MB, not 1.8 KB. 1.8 KB would probably be a record!

* Have a few other people try opening the document. If they can open it,
then the problem is in his local Word installation, not in the document.

* Have him try opening the document locally, instead of over the network,
and see if it still crashes.

* Have him save his version of the document template with another name, copy
your version of the document template, and then try opening it.

* Have him run a local virus check.

* Since you used "Save As," I'm assuming that you saved the earlier versions
of the document (good for you!). Have him try opening various earlier
versions to see if there was a particular change that caused the document to
be a problem for him.

* Just because he has the same amount of RAM installed as you do doesn't
mean he has the same amount of RAM *available*. Have him use CTRL+ALT+DEL to
see what he's got running; have him use msconfig to see what's on his
Startup tab; etc.

HTH,

Dan Goldstein

http://www.doctohelp.com