Re: Am I a spammer?

Subject: Re: Am I a spammer?
From: Greg Holmes <holmegm -at- tds -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 8:07:36 -0400

"Bonnie Granat" wrote:

>To clarify my earlier statements, I sent a three-sentence
>message and my resume to about 100 companies. Each company
>got its own individually addressed message.
>
>It's been very helpful to me to read your assessments of
>what I did.
>Thank you! I can live with the level of spamhood that I
>have attained.

Context matters too - if you sent them to
resumes -at- bigcorp -dot- com, HR -at- bigcorp -dot- com, or even
general_contact_with_the_public -at- bigcorp -dot- com, well, they
should expect to receive resumes there. On the other hand,
jane_hiring_manager -at- bigcorp -dot- com, who has not been soliciting
resumes and with whom you have not even a tenuous
connection, maybe not.

Spam tolerence is definitely getting lower out there, so be
careful :)

Greg Holmes

>From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed
http://www.doctohelp.com