Re: Am I a spammer?

Subject: Re: Am I a spammer?
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:50:58 -0600

On Sunday, May 23, 2004, Bonnie Granat wrote:

> To clarify my earlier statements, I sent a three-sentence message and
> my resume to about 100 companies. Each company got its own
> individually addressed message.

A few months ago, I got a call from a woman who does contract
tech writing. She was following up on an email she had sent me. I
never saw the email. I told her it must have looked like spam and I
deleted it. She quickly answered, "it wasn't spam!".

Well, it wasn't spam but it looked like spam to me, so she was
wasting her time. I was out of the office this past Friday and
Monday; I have 1350 junk emails today. If I don't know you -- or your
subject line doesn't look like anything I need to pay attention to -- I
don't read you.

Make sure you have a clear subject line and that it doesn't appear to
be spam, or people like me will send it directly to the virtual round
file.

Dana W.

>From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed
http://www.doctohelp.com