Re: Excel cell content

Subject: Re: Excel cell content
From: Linda Stark <lindstark -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 09:25:52 -0500

Andy,

Highlight the text/cell, then go under "Insert" on your toolbar, select
"hyperlink," which is at the bottom of the list. You'll see a button at the
bottom of the box that comes up that says "remove link." Hit that and you're
done.

---Linda Stark
StarkClarity LLC - Write, Edit & Web

> Folks,
>
> I've got "Jones -at- 34 -dot- 15" in a cell and Excel insists it's an email addy. When I
> place my cursor over that cell, and click, my email program opens with
> "Jones -at- 34 -dot- 15" as the recipient.
>
> Any thoughts how I can disable that feature? IOW, it should not treat
> "Jones -at- 34 -dot- 15" as an email address.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> -Andy

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com