Re: What windows mode do you run

Subject: Re: What windows mode do you run
From: Keri Morgret <kerilists -at- morgret -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:30:06 -0700

In my case, I look at our users. Many of our clients have to abide my a government dictate of operating systems, and they are still using Windows 2000. So, between that factor and my aversion to the XP styles, I tend to do things in classic. Again, I think it's a know your user issue.

Keri Morgret

At 06:05 AM 6/16/2004, John Posada wrote:

Hi, guys...I'm documenting an application that takes advantage of the
palette, layout, and styles of XP Pro. The problem is, aside from I
think XP Pro theme is ugly, is that some of the colors are so saturated
and use color gradients that when you take screen captures, they don't
come out as well as, lets say Windows Classic.

So...if you have an application written for Windows XP, do you use that
style or do you switch to a style that you like better?

in Help authoring technology, featuring Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more! http://www.macromedia.com/go/techwrldemo
COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com