Acrobat PDF bookmarks not shown

Subject: Acrobat PDF bookmarks not shown
From: liss_clark -at- yahoo -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 13:46:48 -0600

Hi,
We have some wackiness going on with PDFs and Acrobat.

One of my coworkers has a strange issue. She is using Acobat (standard
full version) 6.0.0 with both Adobe FrameMaker and Microsoft Word in
Windows XP environment. When she creates the PDF, she has bookmarks set up
to create as well. However, when the PDF creation completes, there are no
bookmarks at all. When she mailed me the file, I was able to see the
bookmarks.

I am using Acrobat Standard 6.0.1 in same environment and same tools.

She and my other coworker think that her losing the bookmark functionality
might be tied to the fact that her computer recently did some automatic
Windows XP updates. Not sure if this is really the culprit though.

Another coworker has a SIMILAR problem--when she created the PDF from
FrameMaker, it only created 1/2 the bookmarks. The bookmarks began in
chapter 5 through 18. When I opened her PDF file, I saw the same thing.
However, when I created a PDF from her source files, I got all of the
bookmarks. Nothing was set up incorrectly regarding the creation of her
bookmarks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have cross-posted this question
on the Adobe Acrobat forums as well.

Thanks,
Melissa

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com