Re: Denver Contracting

Subject: Re: Denver Contracting
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 14:20:39 -0700 (PDT)

"Michele Davis" <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com> wrote

> While I respect you a lot Andrew, no BS Plato,
>
> What a crock re: FT employers not liking employees to work on the side.
> Hello? Are we teenagers that need mum and dad to monitor our behaviour?
> How about the need to work on your skills away from work? Freelancing is
> a good way to get and augment skills that, perhaps, your FT job doesn't use.
>
> Just my HO.

If an employer hires you to do a job, they don't want you cutting corners on
your full-time job so you can build your own empire on the side. Seen it done
lots of times. Its lame.

Some companies, as part of their employment agreement, say very clearly - no
moonlighting. Typically, its restricted to the same type of work (i.e. if you
do tech writing for an employer, you can't moonlight as a tech writer but you
could moonlight as a industrial freelance caterpiller squisher, or whatever
non-tech writing work rotates your knobs.)

Andrew Plato

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com