Re: Denver Contracting

Subject: Re: Denver Contracting
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 16:33:51 -0500

I humbly disagree, this has NOTHING to do with creating an empire. Case in point, I know someone whose job is Oracle but he does PHP as a side business. He doesn't have a contract with his FT employer and it's sorta like being gay in the military, don't ask, don't tell. That was my point. Touchy Tocuhy....

Super M.

--
Michele

"Writing is easy; all you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until the drops of blood form on your forehead." G. Fowler
www.krautgrrl.com

Andrew Plato wrote:

If an employer hires you to do a job, they don't want you cutting corners on
your full-time job so you can build your own empire on the side. Seen it done
lots of times. Its lame.
Some companies, as part of their employment agreement, say very clearly - no
moonlighting. Typically, its restricted to the same type of work (i.e. if you
do tech writing for an employer, you can't moonlight as a tech writer but you
could moonlight as a industrial freelance caterpiller squisher, or whatever
non-tech writing work rotates your knobs.)

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com