Re: FrameMaker 7.1 add ons

Subject: Re: FrameMaker 7.1 add ons
From: mrbassman -dot- 1136710 -at- bloglines -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 08:38:58 -0600

> Can someone recommend and nice-to-have to must-have add ons for
> FrameMaker 7.1

We use quite a few.

>From www.siliconprairiesoftware.com, we use AutoText, MasterPage Tools,
and Paragraph Tools. AutoText is wonderful. I've set up several different
menus that contain common words, phrases, paragraphs, or graphics.
Everyone in the department can access them to easily add items to their
documents. It's also an easy way to update common verbiage. If the lawyers
change some copyright text, for example, I update the AutoText entry and
everyone has the same text.

MasterPage Tools is also a must. From what I hear, the master page
technology in Frame 7 doesn't work within tables. But MPT does.

The Paragraph Tools really came in handy when we converted from Word to
Frame.

I use several of the Cudspan tools that Chris mentioned. I especially like
TOCBreaker. I've tried MarkerLooker and liked it. But I haven't used it a
lot because we have IXgen here.

Rick Quatro has some good plug-ins at www.frameexpert.com.

I installed Shlomo's custom toolbar for everyone (www.microtype.com). It
adds several features that are either hidden or not available in Frame's
standard toolbars.

Shlomo hosts a list of Frame utilities that Lin Sims put together at
http://www.microtype.com/resources/FM_utilities.pdf. I haven't looked at
it lately, but I seem to remember that it had really good information in
it.

Rick

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com