Simple, elegant, & RH update

Subject: Simple, elegant, & RH update
From: "Linda Cast" <lcast -at- planview -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 08:49:20 -0500

All,

>From some replies, obviously I didn't make it clear - we ARE doing a Help system,and that's very important.

The issue is that we have far too few people for our total documentation output, and need to simplify. I hope to find a Help design that allows clustering all information for each unique part of the product into a module with no outside-module links, and wonder if someone has done it well.

I know a lot about Help. You might see frequently on your computer, parts of a snazzy Help I built for a very large software client. But snazzy was time-consuming, both in the creation and in the QA process. In this job, there is no time for that, and I'm looking for a method to save effort for the whole documentation team. The Help file is the source for two other manuals.

In reading the STC magazine, I'm often amazed at the methodologies that people offer.

Thanks
Linda

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com