PDF / Font Help (please! :)

Subject: PDF / Font Help (please! :)
From: oudeis <oudeis -at- tampabay -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:04:55 -0400

Plea for help for two PDF issues:

First Issue:

1. Create a PDF for client.

2. Works fine.

3. She sends it to VP of somethingerother. He can't open it.

4. She asks me to send it to server so he can click on link and open it. (I explain that this probably won't fix problem. This is what VP wants. Okey Dokey: I comply.)

5. Can't get the beast on to the server. Any other file, fine. Not this file.

6. Send file to colleague who gets it on the server. We had server issues b/c shortly after he managed to get it on the server, I was able to.

7. Send link. NO ONE can open it now. "file damanged and could not be repaired."

8. People in client's group can open old file, but not new file. ???

Second issue:

1. Downloaded some fonts. License says free to use, no restrictions. Please send $1 if you feel like it but no pressure (Man, the guy's .txt file reminded me of the Depressed 404 Page that was all the rage years ago: http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~veeve/404.html)

2. Windows 2000 platform; Indesign 2.0 > Acrobat 5.0

3. Although font was unzipped to W2K font folder and installed, I keep getting an error telling me that the font isn't installed or that there are licensing restrictions.

4. I have gotten same errors with other fonts I downloaded that night on my font fondling downloading spree. Same thing: the fonts are installed properly and there are no restrictions. They're freeware fonts but Adobe Acrobat disagrees. :)

Anyone else have similar problems?

Thanks VERY much.

Kate

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com