RE: Is this correct to put in resume?

Subject: RE: Is this correct to put in resume?
From: "Graham, Flora" <fgraham -at- spss -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:18:27 +0100

I think that this might be too much info for your resume. I think a resume works best when it is succinct while still being powerful and honest -- gotta get those points quickly into the hiring mind.

I recently successfully relocated to my preferred location. I simply mentioned in my cover letter that I was interested in relocating to such-and-such city.

I did not mention relocation expenses. I negotiated for them after the job offer as part of the package. You may want to do the same; you never know, you may get them! Why give them up before even asking? (Unless you have reason to think that even the idea of relocation expenses might scare off employers in that area.)

Good luck!

Flora