Edit > Links inactive

Subject: Edit > Links inactive
From: Kimiko Egy <kimiko_egy -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:15:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I am a "newbie," as they say, with my first real TW
job.  I have been reading this list and the archives
for a few months, trying to get myself up-to-speed on
all the things they don't teach you in college about
TW.

That said, I am currently stumped and would appreciate
help.  I have searched and searched to try and solve
this on my own, but there's something I'm just not
"getting."

Here's the issue:

- Working in Word 2000
- Creating standard User Manuals for software app
- Only have Paint (groan) for screenshots (although I
downloaded a freeware converter, Pic2Pic, so I can
choose some other file formats)

I'm trying to link all of my graphics, as many of you
suggest (I like the usability this method provides).
So far so good. I have to be able to email manuals to
customers, customers who don't accept .zip files or
don't want to handle graphics files. So, I tried
going into to Edit > Links to make this work...but
wait!! For some reason, the Links option isn't
active!

I have inserted the pictures as links. I have then
formatted the picture layout to "Tight." I also
create boxes, labels, arrows, etc., to attach to the
picture and then Group them.

I know that I'm doing something to cause this inactive
Links option, I just don't know what!

Thanks in advance,
Kimiko

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail