Re: Using Word to create help?

Subject: Re: Using Word to create help?
From: MaggiRos <maggiros -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 15:18:06 -0700 (PDT)

It sounds like the owners don't want to spend any money on
any other software, no matter what it is. You used to be
able to use Word by itself--using the footnotes and so on
to do what RH does for you automatically--then use the
WinHelp compiler, but I don't know if that's even still an
option. I wonder if that's what they're thinking of?

Of course, you can write your topics in Word, then convert
to PDF--or not--let someone else worry about how to install
it. (Be sure to create a unique template with a few basic
but uniquely-named styles.)

Personally I prefer writing and editing in Word, where I
have all my shortcuts and tool buttons and stuff. But I'm
also really happy that my managers squeezed RH out of the
new budget for me.

IN any case, I think you need to ask the owners a few more
questions.

Maggie

> RoboHelp is currently it's own authoring environment. It
> does not run atop Word.
>
> WWP for Word has no requirements beyond those you'd need
> to be a power
> user of MS Office. WWP for Word requires that you
> maintain your
> content in MS Word.
>
> HTH.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com