Re: Using Word to Create Help

Subject: Re: Using Word to Create Help
From: sueahrenhold -at- ameritech -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 08:00:55 -0600

I suppose that it is possible to use Word to create Web help - save the
sections that correspond to topics as individual HTML files from Word (be
sure to use the filters to clean up the HTML, it's very messy), and then
publish the HTML - but it might be more efficient to use a tool. Do you
have a programmer who is helping you to build the help into the software,
or are you doing that yourself?

I can recommend the latest version of DocToHelp, which is, like the old
RoboHelp, masses of Word macros. I love the writing environment, and now
use it even for general documents.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com