Re: Tools: Re: ADMIN: An Open Letter to the TECHWR-L Community

Subject: Re: Tools: Re: ADMIN: An Open Letter to the TECHWR-L Community
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 06:46:06 -0600

Geoffrey Sauer wrote:

As the webmaster of the EServer, a noncommercial website that hosts a hundred websites and dozens of mailing lists using Mailman, I have to second this suggestion. Mailman is a joy to administer, from a technical perspective. And it integrates nicely with web application services.

Agreed. Moving TECHWR-L from Lyris to Mailman is one of many interesting
things on our todo list...mailman is up and running on a Raycomm
server, but we just haven't pulled the switch yet.

But I think, reading Eric's open letter, that listserv software isn't Eric and Deborah's first concern. They seem to be looking for investors and/or business partners, not a migration of TECHWR-L to a free service provider. I'm sure many of us could offer to host the website and/or mailing list; it's their financial interest in the labor capital they've invested in TECHWR-L that makes the future of TECHWR-L tricky.

Or do I misread the letter?

No, that's exactly right. There isn't a technical problem here--it's
an investment of time, a committment, and a means of moving forward.
Investors, purchasers, or business partners could all be interesting.

Eric

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com