Off Topic: Self-published College Hunting Guide

Subject: Off Topic: Self-published College Hunting Guide
From: Steven Oppenheimer <Steven -at- OppenheimerCommunications -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 13:15:33 -0400

I kind of posted on this subject once already, indirectly, when I was looking for BISAC codes to describe my book, but I thought I'd make an official announcement, especially now that I have a decent Web site for my book:

I have recently self-published a new book, called Spying On The College Of Your Choice. It's for high school kids, and their parents, to help them pick the best college for their needs. It's filled with hundreds of questions for high schoolers to ask, and hundreds of issues for them to explore, when they are visiting college and university campuses. The book also has advice on how to use local resources to explore far away colleges, and even has advice for current college students who are thinking of transferring. Even if you don't have high school kids (or any kids at all), maybe you have relatives or friends with high school kids, and you could let them know about the book.

There is a Web site for the book, <http://www.spyingonthecollegeofyourchoice.com/>www.SpyingOnTheCollegeOfYourChoice.com, where you can read about the book, download a free excerpt, and find links to order the book. Also, if by any chance you work for a high school, or for any kind of education-related organization, or education advocacy organization, it would really help me (and help your constituents, too!) if you could add a link to the Web site, at some suitable place on your Web site. (I am eager to place reciprocal links on my site, on a 'Related Links' page, for sites that might interest my audience, so feel free to contact me at Steven -at- STCYC -dot- com with any suggestions for links. I also have a page for suggestions for questions high school students can ask during campus visits, if you come up with questions not found in my book.) And please feel free to forward this e-mail to anyone you think might be interested!

Oh, and one more thing -- if you write book reviews, and have a suitable outlet for a review of this book, please let me know, I can try to get you a review copy.

Steven Oppenheimer, M.A.
Oppenheimer Communications
Technical and Business Writing: From Complexity To Clarity (SM)
Steven -at- OpComm -dot- com www.OpComm.com (301) 468-9233

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com