Re: ADMIN: An Open Letter to the TECHWR-L Community - a new idea

Subject: Re: ADMIN: An Open Letter to the TECHWR-L Community - a new idea
From: Solena -dot- LEMOIGNE -at- fr -dot- thalesgroup -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:31:00 +0200

M. Bill Hall wrote:

> Although I am not a formal member of any of its member organizations,
> I believe that Techwr-l would fit well within its primary purpose:

To which Mrs Bonnie Granat answered :

"That site is filled with errors, inconsistencies, and other signs that
it needs the professional attention of a couple of good writers and an
editor."

Although it is true that a professional organisation for technical
communication should be an example for others to follow, does your remark
mean that the site's purpose, intentions, participants were lost amidst the
errors?
In short, did the typos get in your way of understanding the content?

Would you care to volunteer some of your time to help Intecom reach the
quality it should set? If you could spare just one hour per week to
proofread the site, you would bring a fair value to this organisation.
If you do not wish to do so, then do not bash in public an organisation that
is trying to get some work done.

The German branch is hosting every year the biggest technical communication
event in Europe (3 days, more than a hundred speeches, thousands of
visitors). It has actively been promoting a European work on the quality of
goods documentation. The result is a white paper that is en route to be
adopted as a law in all european states. Intecom works with all
organisations of good will, and should be considered as such.

Disclaimer: I am not a member of Intecom directly, but belong to the Conseil
des Redacteurs Techniques, which is the french contact for Intecom.

Constructively yours,
Solena Le Moigne
Redactrice technique - Cholet
Thales communications