Securedoc project

Subject: Securedoc project
From: Solena -dot- LEMOIGNE -at- fr -dot- thalesgroup -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:36:36 +0200

My answer is delayed as I'm on digest.

Quoting Dan Goldstein:
"We should probably take a look at that "white paper that is en route to be
adopted as a law in all European states." It's easy to imagine a future in
which documentation must conform to this law in order for a product to be
marketed in EU countries. <shudder>"

"[The german branch of Intecom] has actively been promoting a European work
on
the quality of goods documentation. The result is a white paper that is en
route to be adopted as a law in all european states..."

Listmembers,

For a short presentation of Securedoc [Project for user-friendly Technical
Documentation], in english, please see
http://www.dokumentoijat.net/english/kansainvalinen/securedoc.php
And for a shorter presentation in french, please see
http://www.chez.com/crt/crt/securedoc_fr.htm

The questionnaire's results were compiled into a guideline. You must be a
member of one of the organisations who work on this project to access the
guideline. So far, it has been translated into 11 languages.
http://www.tceurope.org/securedoc/guideline.htm

I don't quite know how long it takes for such a guideline to grow up to be a
white paper, and then mature to a law. By the look of it, it could take a
long time.

The idea of this guideline is to help small or medium-sized companies to
produce quality documentation. There already is a law that details what
information must appear on the labels of consumer goods. I have a copy of it
at home, so please wait for tomorrow so that I can post the references.

Hope this helps, and is constructive.

Solena Le Moigne
Rédactrice Technique
solena.lemoigne[at]fr.thalesgroup.com