Selecting leaders (was: Previous employer contacts)

Subject: Selecting leaders (was: Previous employer contacts)
From: Suzanne -dot- Cole -at- pattersondental -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 07:14:14 -0500

Suzanne Cole
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
08/31/2004 11:00 cc:
AM Subject: Selecting leaders (was: Previous employer contacts)

"We allow our leaders and our culture to become what it is. We allow
corporations and governments to do this to us. As long as we keep selecting
leaders who manipulate our fears and outright lie to us, the more people
will follow this example responding with lies and fear."

Inspired rhetoric, Andrew.

However, no matter what we'd like to democratically believe, in most cases
"we" do not select leaders. Other leaders select leaders.

"Other leaders" include the media, the U.S. electoral college, military
officers, professional colleagues, leadership forces of global politics and
economics--but especially business management. "We" might, in strong enough
situations, be able to effect the removal of a leader--a leader whom, in
most cases, "we" did not select to lead, nor would we select the
replacement.

Of course, there are exceptions to every generalization (except this one
;-)... so there will be valid rebuttals. "In most cases" doesn't, I hope,
convey "in every case".

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com