Re: "This page intentionally left blank"

Subject: Re: "This page intentionally left blank"
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:31:54 -0400

bounce-techwr-l-106467 -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com wrote on 09/02/2004 01:20:16 PM:
> Maybe I'm missing a subtle nuance on this, but it seems
> obvious that in a manual created by a word processing app,

And there's the rub! Your few hundred (thousand) new pages are being
incorporated into thousands (millions) of pages of older documentation
that varies in age and some of which may be typed.

Nothing obvious there.

Even in word processing layout apps, errors happen. An IPC that has all
illustrations on EVEN pages may have a table misbehave. A procedure book
where all sections and procedures need to start on specific sides and
illustrations have numerous constraints may lead to all sorts of
'interesting' problems. (Trust me.) The TPLBI lets you scan the thumbnails
for errors.

Eric L. Dunn
Senior Technical Writer

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com