Re: "This page intentionally left blank"

Subject: Re: "This page intentionally left blank"
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:43:31 -0400

cchris -at- toptechwriter -dot- us wrote:
> "Rubbish" eh? Somebody needs a hug!!
>
> Maybe I'm missing a subtle nuance on this,

I think you are (see below).

but it seems obvious that
> in a manual created by a word processing app, footers and headers on
> a page
> mean the page isn't blank, so if there's no content on the page other
> than the headers/footers it has to be intentional. I can't imagine
> how a WP doc could be printed with headers/footers while magically
> dropping out the procedural content. So if you accept that that's
> true, why be anal and add the TPILB statement?

Headers and footers -- even in Word -- are in text "flows" that are
entirely separate from the document body. So their appearance says
nothing about whether content has been inadvertently dropped.

Bonnie Granat
www.GranatEdit.com
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Mobile: 617-319-7461