RE: Contract Length

Subject: RE: Contract Length
From: "Char James-Tanny" <CharJT -at- helpstuff -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:04:15 -0400

> > After a few questions on my part, what these recruiters
> were trying to say
> > is that they had assumed that I had been fired from these
> positions. Each
> > has ended our conversation by saying, "I've never heard of
> a 4-6 week
> > contract." As an aside, after the last conversation, I
> immediately found
> > a 4-6 week position listed on Dice and emailed that to the
> recruiter. She didn't respond.

How very weird. Most of my contracts max out at two months...most are around
six weeks. (I've got one right now that is one month, another that is two
months, and another that is...total...65 hours.)

If these recruiters are giving you a hard time on this, you might want to
look into getting a new one. These days especially, short contracts
shouldn't be viewed as a "bad" thing and should be shown to your advantage
("He wrote 400 pages in six weeks" or whatever you did...)

Char

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com