RE: Carpal Tunnel

Subject: RE: Carpal Tunnel
From: mlist -at- safenet-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:53:16 -0400

John Posada

> Hi, guys...I've been experiencing CTS symptoms over the last two
> months. I saw a neurologist yesterday and he believes the same thing.
> Therefore, I'm going in for further testing in about a week.
>
> Oddly enough, the start of these symptoms coincides with my purchase
> of a house about two months ago where I've now been practically
> living with a circular saw/reciprocating saw/hammer in my off-hours
> and I understand that power tool vibration can contribute to this
> inflammation.
>
> So...what have you-guys done when you experienced these symptoms? It
> seems that typing doesn't cause me problem, but using my mouse for
> long periods does.

I've found two things that help. One, you might like, the other
you won't. :-)

First, when I finally realized that typing was not the problem,
and that it was mousing that was making my forearm and wrist
ache, hand tingle, etc., I got myself a trackball. The problem
cleared up in a couple of weeks.

A couple of years later, it came back, but different enough
that I figured I was now regretting the trackball. So I
bought a mouse. Mice had improved a lot, and I went another
three years without problem.

Second, about the time that the problem was just starting to
re-assert, I was also a scary-decrepit near-50-year-old with
sore shoulder (limited mobility), "fragile" constantly sore
lower back, sore knees, sore hips... I figured that if I
actually lived to 70, I'd be all crippled with arthritis and
begging them to put me out of my misery. Then I happened on
that "Eat Right 4 Your Type" diet -- the one where you choose
what goes into your face based on your blood type.

The change has been wonderful. Turns out that I'd been living
with basically a whole-body low-grade inflammation for years,
and it expressed itself more vehemently in all the places
that received the most abuse: my throwing shoulder, my lower
back that... well most of us know about backs, the hips and
knees that had to carry my bulk, and the overworked mousing
wrist.

All that went away, when I stopped feeding irritants into
my cake-hole. Apparently, the effect is most blatant
with type O, but others can suffer it as well.

Sounds like bunk, before you look into it, but hell, it's
worth a try for a couple of months. We are talking about
your livelihood after all.

Most of the science that Peter D'Adamo trots out to support
his contention is indirect, in the sense that the studies
were not testing the blood-type relationship directly, but
were mounted for other reasons and happened to give results
that support or extend D'Adamo's work. More recently, he
and others are doing focused studies.

Disclaimer 1 - I have no association with, etc., etc.

Disclaimer 2 - My brother (also type O) tried but failed to
note such robust results. On the other hand, he's been
through a couple of motorcycle and car accidents and other
major abuse that have left him with real localized damage,
not just generalized whinging from his joints.

Again, it may sound fishy, but what have you got to lose
beyond a couple of months intake of wheat and corn?

http:\\www.dadamo.com

I'm convinced that there's at least some truth to it,
but then that's what you'd expect from an extremely
limited trial (sample of one, in my case). Take with
usual grain of salt, but dismiss at your peril. :-)

Kevin

--

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission may be
privileged and confidential, and therefore, protected from disclosure. If

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com