Gui behavior issue. Need guidelines.

Subject: Gui behavior issue. Need guidelines.
From: "France Baril" <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:20:21 -0400

Hi, I have been "googling" this for a while, yet I can't find any
answer. I'm looking for solid references to prove or disprove my opinion
about some gui behavior.

Let's say you have side by side list boxes. The left box shows available
items, the right one shows the selected items. There are two buttons
between these boxes. The top button says Add, the bottom one says
Remove. When you select item from the left box of available item and
click Add. The selected items appears in the right box.

Would you expect the items to be removed from the left box when they
appear in the right one?

My feeling is that they should, yet I can't prove it to my team and they
can't prove me otherwise. Can anyone point me to a website that provides
guidelines for using side by side list boxes???

Thanks,

France

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com