RE: Gui behavior issue. Need guidelines.

Subject: RE: Gui behavior issue. Need guidelines.
From: "France Baril" <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:09:21 -0400

After looking for information, reading your comments, looking at
examples, I come to the conclusion that there seem to be different
expectations, opinions and implementations of the 2 list boxes control
group.

Thanks for your help. I will keep my energy on real interface mistakes
at my afternoon gui meeting. This one is neither right or wrong, it's
confusing to me because of what I'm used to, but it seems the other
behavior might be confusing to others.

Geoff, your comment seems to make the most sense to me, however the list
boxes are used in different contexts and I would be afraid to suggest
two different implements to my team. That would definitely send the user
screaming for help!

If the subject is brought to the table by another party, I might suggest
using a completely different way of presenting the options.

Thanks,

France

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com