RE: pdf maker

Subject: RE: pdf maker
From: Stuart Smith <stuart -at- wordsmithpubs -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:33:34 +0100

At 13:01 01/10/2004, Ciprian wrote:

I use Microsoft word 2000 and adobe acrobat 5.
All I want is:
- when I convert a doc file to a pdf file automatically create headings to
bookmarks;
- the page setup to be custom (x, y) inches.
The acrobat distiler doesn't convert headings to bookmarks or I don't know
how to....

Word (any version) if Adobe Acrobat installation was with the word PDF maker macros installed, should have an 'Adobe PDF button on the toolbar that allows access to the PDF maker settings. To set up what elements of the Word document you want as a bookmark try the following:
Select

Adobe PDF>Change Conversion Settings>Bookmarks
Ensure that 'Convert Word Heading to Bookmarks' radial button is selected
Select which Word Headings you wish to be bookmarked.

If necessary or required you can do the same for Word styles within the document

Best regards,

Stuart Smith LCGI, MISTC, MSTC.

WordSmith Publication Services Ltd.
Technical Writing and Publication Solutions.

Avocet,
Wiggonby,
Wigton,
Cumbria, CA7 0JR,
United Kingdom.

Tel/Fax: +44 (0)16973 42356
e-mail: stuart -at- wordsmithpubs -dot- co -dot- uk

members of the <http://www.istc.org.uk/>ISTC. Member of the <http://www.stc.org/>STC.

The information contained in this e-mail in no way forms, constitutes or
modifies a contract and is confidential. It may be legally privileged. It is
intended only for stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person
is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy,
circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained
within this e-mail. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please inform us immediately at
admin -at- wordsmithpubs -dot- co -dot- uk and delete it and all copies from your system.

VIRUSES:
Although we have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free
from any virus, the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any
virus transmitted by this email.

----------

Hello ,

Best regards,

Stuart Smith LCGI, MISTC, MSTC.

WordSmith Publication Services Ltd.
Technical Writing and Publication Solutions.

Avocet,
Wiggonby,
Wigton,
Cumbria, CA7 0JR,
United Kingdom.

Tel/Fax: +44 (0)16973 42356
e-mail: stuart -at- wordsmithpubs -dot- co -dot- uk

members of the <http://www.istc.org.uk/>ISTC. Member of the <http://www.stc.org/>STC.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com