Blogging software-your opinions

Subject: Blogging software-your opinions
From: "Stitzel, Ken" <kstitzel -at- itc -dot- nrcs -dot- usda -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:19:03 -0600

Dear T-Whirlers,

Anybody out there using blogging software for anything? Please send me your
comments, on or off list. Tell me what you like. Opinionated opinions
welcome.

This may not seem related to tech writing at first, but my work has taken a
bureaucratic turn in which I do scattered work on about 15 different
projects. I'm looking for a way to sorta journal what I do--and have a
convenient way to put it on line for the bosses to see it. The usual Windows
tools have advantages and disadvantages as far as how cumbersome and
convenient they are or aren't.

This is just a (perhaps vain) hope that there is some magic bullet app that
someone has had a positive experience with. There seem to be about a zillion
of these programs out there, and my ability to evaluate them is glacial.

I'm just looking for the software, not blog hosting. Has to run on WinXP.
Free is good, too.

Again, your esteemed opinions are solicited, welcomed, and valued. Many
thanks.

Ken Stitzel (not thinking of writing a novel in November, but it would be
fun)

CSC, for ITC-NRCS-USDA
Fort Collins, CO
970-295-5461
kstitzel -at- itc -dot- nrcs -dot- usda -dot- gov

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com