Re: job application

Subject: Re: job application
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 07:16:33 -0700

If your friend has a solid work experience, he should organize his
resume so that his accomplishments, skills and past employers and
positions are the first and most prominent items, with his education
and training coming at the end, so that by the time prospective
employers get to it they've already been hooked. Of course, if the
reader is an HR drone or an automated computer program
mindlessly screening resumes against a list of key words there may
not be any sure-fire way of getting past the lack of a "BS/BA" in
the text.

Gene Kim-Eng