RE: Press (printing) Options

Subject: RE: Press (printing) Options
From: "Bill Trippe" <btrippe -at- nmpub -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 16:16:08 -0400

Anne Burke wrote:

> However, now I'm in the position to research and make the best decision
> regarding printing options. I'm curious about what those options are??
> What exactly is docutech printing? Is this the best way to go for user
> guides?

Hi Anne,

Chris just did a good job of outlining some of your options--color vs. black
and white, which type of binding, etc. I wanted to address your specific
question about Docutechs. Docutechs are devices, from Xerox, that combine
printing, binding, and other finishing into one machine. Depending on the
model of Docutech, it likely supports both color and black and white
printing, at ranges of quality from acceptable to excellent, and various
kinds of binding.

So you will need to think through some of the options, as Chris said, and
then see if the particular Docutech(s) available to you support what you are
looking for.

In general, Docutechs are made for exactly this kind of printing
application, so assuming you don't have any unusual requirements, the
equipment should be a good fit.

For information on the Docutech product line, see:

http://www.xerox.com/go/xrx/equipment/product_subcategory.jsp?Xcntry=USA&Xla
ng=en_US&cat=Product%20Taxonomy/Production%20Systems/DocuTech&metrics=notrac

And, for the record, I have no connection to Xerox!

Bill

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com