Frame 6 invisible figure caption problem

Subject: Frame 6 invisible figure caption problem
From: "Bob Colwell" <bob -dot- colwell -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:26:29 -0700

Hi WRLers: I?m finishing a book using Framemaker 6. When I generate
the book, the list of figures shows a double entry on one of them,
like so:
caption for figure 0-5 page78
I am the caption for figure 0-6 page106
I am the caption for figure 0-6 page106
caption for figure 0-7 page110

I don?t see anything odd about the figure itself. For example, I
don?t see two caption boxes, both with paragraph tags of ?figure?.
And if I did, presumably one would have been labelled 0-6, and
the other 0-7.

clues:

Also, if I temporarily delete the caption box in figure 0-6, and
then generate the book again, the list of figures still shows
the ?I am the caption for figure 0-6 page106?, but only one of
them, no more duplication. Hmmm, seems like there?s an invisible
caption box in there somewhere.

If I search for the text in figure0-6?s caption, Frame brings
me to the approximate place in the text where that figure appears,
but darned if I see what it?s pointing at. Likewise, if I search
for paragraph tags of ?figure?, one of the spots Frame stops at
is in that vicinity. But I can?t see what it?s pointing at.

I?m a bit stumped. Any ideas?

thanks...-BobC

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com