re: Linking to a topic file from a Web page

Subject: re: Linking to a topic file from a Web page
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 15:22:37 -0700 (PDT)

----------------------------------
Kapoor, Shelly reports:
I have a chm file called demohelp.chm. One of the HTML files within it
is 'about cets.htm'. I also have a Web page where I am providing a link
to this topic file. The syntax I am using for the hyperlink is
"ms-its:http://www.abc.com/depts/a/b/bts-ie/cats/demohelp.chm::/about
cets.htm". The chm file and the Web page are in the same folder.
However, for some reason, when the link is clicked on the Web page,
nothing is displayed. What am I doing wrong?

Have you looked here
http://www.helpware.net/htmlhelp/linktochm.htm

or here
http://www.astcnsw.org.au/resources/techtips/chmfix.htm