Re: Bite your tongue interview qs

Subject: Re: Bite your tongue interview qs
From: Kate Salm <kate_salm -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:11:03 -0700 (PDT)

> > Anyhow - anyone else have a similar experience?
> Can you think of any
> > silly questions or odd interview conversations?

A few years ago I had the misfortune of going to an
interview for a part-time job for someone who had a
very definite opinion of how women should look and
dress. He wanted to women to look and act like women.
He neglected to mention this until the end of the
interview though. I thought things were going rather
well during the beginning of the interview. We
chatted for quite a while and then the gentleman
interviewing me mentioned that he liked female
employees to wear skirts. Ok, right, you try walking
in heels for 8 hours or longer and tell me you like
women to wear skirts. Then, as if the skirt comment
wasn't annoying enough, he added that he was "glad I
kept my hair so long because he liked women who
actually looked like women" and did I plan on having
my hair cut anytime soon. Oh you better believe I was
getting my hair cut.

I responded by telling him I was going the next day to
have my hair cut off to my shoulders, that I hadn't
owned a skirt since I was 14 (slight exaggeration but
I was rather peeved), then thanked him for his time
and left. Much to my dismay he never called for a
second interview... I probably should have bit my
tongue... :}

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com