CMS for proposals?

Subject: CMS for proposals?
From: zoroaster7 -at- hotmail -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:45:29 -0600

Hi folks

I have a question for folks who generate proposals regularly. My client, a
relatively small engineering firm, has developed a mountain of project
descriptions over the past 15 years. They use these descriptions (along
with boilerplate copy) in proposals and other marketing materials. In the
past, they've simply compiled all this stuff into badly organized Word
files... but as you can imagine, things have gotten out of hand. Ideally,
they'd like to find a solution that allows them to input/edit job
descriptions and metadata, run queries for specific project types, and
generate classy-looking output.

Any suggestions? I've googled this topic exentsively, and the application
that comes closest to meeting their needs is Pragmatech's Proposal
Automation Suite. Has anyone on the list used this or someting similar? If
so, what were the pros and cons?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

AZwriter

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com