Re: Anyone doing user interface work?

Subject: Re: Anyone doing user interface work?
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:10:15 -0400

At 1:46 PM -0400 2004/10/26, Stevenson, Rebecca wrote:

Due to the nature of our product, a large part of each implementation at a client is determining what changes they want made to our default user interface. Currently, the analysts create screen mockups in Excel and give them to the developers to implement. [snip]

If I was my target audience, I would suggest something like Dreamweaver, but that seems like overkill. We have a perfectly good development suite in place, we just need something that lets people quickly put together an accurate graphical mockup.

I've used Powerpoint, Visio, Photoshop, Illustrator, Paintshop Pro, MacPaint, and Corel Draw ---whatever the client happened to have available.

My favorite? A pair of printed screen captures and an ultra fine point Sharpie marker. "Here. <hands over first screen shot> This is what it looks like now. <hands over second copy and the Sharpie> Mark this one up to show how you want it to look."

Works great. I have a permanent record of what was requested, in the requester's own handwriting. Comes in handy at the review meeting when I'm asked "Why on earth did you do THAT." <nasty grin>

--
K@
Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting

585.820.4045
katnagel -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com

.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com