RE: Re-entry Level

Subject: RE: Re-entry Level
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 23:01:09 -0500

> If you don't like a job description...
>
> THEN DON'T APPLY FOR THE JOB. Duh!

How enlightening! That you would take time out of your busy schedule to shed
the light on so knotty a problem is truly amazing. Can words ever express
how grateful I am? I don't think so. No, there are just no words. Maybe
someday, though.

> You people act like there is some Unified Job Description
> Overlord who dictates the proper way to define a job. There isn't.

Without you here to set us straight, there's just no telling what will
happen to us and our way of discerning reality. We need you so much and we
are so grateful that you are helping us see the light. I am just bursting
with the desire to tell you how I really feel, but this is e-mail, and I
can't really do it properly.

> Companies write their own job descriptions. And what you
> consider entry-level may be senior level to some other company.

It doesn't matter that you sound like an echo of what's been said already by
many people -- we just love the sound of your lovely voice and we hang on
every deliriously mellifluous syllable you utter. What did we ever do to
deserve your generous help and assistance?

> Last time I checked, there was no constitutional amendment
> that forced you to apply for jobs that didn't meet your
> skills. Laugh at the funny job description and move along.

We laugh all day long, actually. And in the evening, too. Sometime
uproariously.

Bonnie Granat
http://www.GranatEdit.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com