Re: ADMIN: New Poll Question

Subject: Re: ADMIN: New Poll Question
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:42:45 -0800 (PST)

> A number of people have said similar things, both on-list
> and privately.
>
> One thing that I'm not clear on, however, and would like
> to ask the list generally: Is saying that you're paid for
> results or that keeping up with the profession a rationale
> (meaning a line of logic that you have developed on your
> own)? Or is this reasoning accepted by whoever you report
> to?

Both my boss, who is senior director level (above mgr, below vice
president), and his boss, who is the ExecVP of Marketing (one of the
four top people in the company), have both expressed their
understanding and permission to participate in lists such as this.
They've simply asked that I do it from a domain that doesn't identify
me as an employee and from an account that does likewise. This way,
there can be no connection between me and the list should I post
something that may be taken out of context by a competitor.

And no, Bruce, I find absolutely nothing in your post that could be
considered argumentative, belligerent, or trying to cause trouble.

=====
John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.