Re: Writing tests for Peoplesoft contract position?

Subject: Re: Writing tests for Peoplesoft contract position?
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:15:45 -0500

Julia Williams wrote:

> I think there are different ways of interpreting the original question and
> not all are as devious and unethical as the one you assume.

Nobody has offered a different interpretation yet, as far as I can see. I will grant you, though, that deciding where the line falls between ethical and unethical behavior is a personal matter. I don't expect everyone else to agree with me about this particular instance. In fact, that's why my first post on the topic was in the form of a question. I don't mind being an outlier on this; that is, if it turns out that I really am the only one who sees it this way, I'm still going to maintain my position. But I'd be interested in knowing if others share my view. Clearly you don't, Julia; and that's fine with me.

> It's also relevant that this forum is readily accessible to anyone
> (including Peoplesoft) who could be bothered to fire up Google and do some
> research about the tests, so the request wasn't exactly covert.

No, the request was public. Presumably, though, responses could be private. And it is those hypothetical responses that would confer any advantage on the OP. Myself, if I were in such dire straits that I felt it necessary to solicit such information from the list, I think I'd want to do so anonymously so as not to sully my own name. But, again, that's probably just me.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com