Re: Need For Kool Aid When DFDing

Subject: Re: Need For Kool Aid When DFDing
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:19:14 -0800 (PST)

TechComm Dood:

Think of the case of Data Flow Diagrams being used for
a Business Process Reengineering (BPR) project. If
you can imagine the fears that a BPR project typically
brings to entrenched workers, then you can imagine the
political skills necessary for the person charged with
creating the diagrams.

The same fears have to be delt with in using DFDs in a
tech comm project - although it may be harder to
envision. Therefore, the same political skills are
necessary.

Tony Markos

--- TechComm Dood <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> Huh?
>

> On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:24:58 -0800 (PST), Tony
> Markos
> <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> >
> > Tom DeMarco (DFD guru) said that creating DFDs
> > requires "the negotiating [i.e., political] skills
> of
> > Henry Kissenger". When creating DFDs it is not
> > possible to glad-hand, smile, or be "up" too much.

http://my.yahoo.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com