Lesson plans

Subject: Lesson plans
From: "Damien Braniff" <Damien -dot- Braniff -at- asg -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:17:43 -0000

I'm currently doing a course that will allow me to teach in college
(part time opportunities to spread the TC word!) and one of the things
we have to do is create a scheme of work (SOW) and some lesson plans.
Basically the SOW is an outline of what's to be taught (30 Hrs total)
and the lesson plans are just that, plans for a couple of lessons -
what's covered, what methods, resources etc.

When I've done this before it's been to teach Word (sorry!), databases
etc but I thought something TW related would be different and fun. I've
found several syllabuses I can work from but I wondered if anyone who'd
taught short courses would like to share ideas etc. I have my own ideas
but I'm open to suggestions as to the what/how from the more
experienced.

Not needed until after Xmas so I've plenty of time to work on it.

TIA

Damien

Damien Braniff | Technical Writer
damienb -at- asg -dot- com