RE: [OFF-LIST] Re: New Guy Question - MS Word

Subject: RE: [OFF-LIST] Re: New Guy Question - MS Word
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 00:43:19 -0500

> dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com wrote:
> >> 3. What is the best way to use this list to find this or other
> >> answers in the future.

> Gosh, that sounded snippy. Sorry--I didn't mean it that way! <:(
>
> I just wanted to point out that the archives are there, and
> that they do contain useful information. (I don't think they
> contain the answers to this particular set of questions, though.)
>
> Anyway, there was nothing wrong with the questions you asked,
> the fact that you asked them on the list, or the way you asked them!

You are so cute, David. It does seem, doesn't it, as if we need hugs and
kisses and decorations and emoticons to convey that we're not traffic cops
barking out instructions? I know that sometimes on another list, someone
will ask a question and I'll go off Googling for the answer because the
question was interesting to me (and often a break from whatever I'm working
on), and I'll lickety-split plop down the URL and click Send, never thinking
that someone might interpret it as a snippy response.

Maybe we can create a new word that covers it all. We have a "family" word
that fulfills that purpose. It's some kind of (Polish, Russian, Jewish?)
exclamation of joy in the beauty and adorableness of a baby -- the word is
"Yoi" and it's pronounced like "Joy." It says so much -- I love you, I thank
God you exist, and so forth. Maybe techwr-l needs something like that. I'm
sure we all love each other, down deep, even though we don't know each other
really.

Anyway, your post really struck me. ; ) Yoi!

Bonnie Granat
http://www.GranatEdit.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com