Re: Estimation of the number of pages to be written per day

Subject: Re: Estimation of the number of pages to be written per day
From: Ed Wurster <glassnet -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:15:39 -0500

> There are two queries:
> 1. How do you estimate the optimum number of pages
> that a technical writer may write per day with all
> information available using MS Word, RoboHelp, and
> Framemaker so as to generate minimum re-work after
> review?
> 2. Can u please let me know if there are any
> standards, methods, links that provides u such
> standard measurements or estimations to plan work for
> your team?

These are very good questions. Since the subject has been considered
previously, you can find many opinions in the archives.

When I first signed up to this list, it was one topic of interest for me.

I made detailed counts of writing and publishing projects, and those
facts (and experience) are part of my business knowledge. Very helpful
when planning and estimating for new clients.

For some reason, this topic has me humming a Paul Simon tune:
http://www.paulsimon.com/lyrics/one_mans_ceiling.html.

--
Ed Wurster
http://www.ewurster.com/blog/